Story Night : Miracles in Jakarta by Ust. Nouman Ali Khan



Heyy, i'd like to share my experience last night, attended a recitation by Ust. Nouman Ali Khan, a well-known ustadz from USA.

It actually started around a month ago, when one of my colleague at work, Mas Emir told Teh Icha, Mas Made and I that there will be recitation by Ust. Nouman Ali Khan in Jakarta. Being familiar with the name, i google-d him up and found that I at least have watched one of his videos in Youtube. Realising that this is a rare opportunity of him visiting Indonesia, I decided to commit to attend the event, where it will be held really close which is in Balai Kartini. Of course I am not ready if have to go by myself, if you know me my friend, you will understand hehe.. Well to put it frankly, i am not a very religious person, and neither in the process to be one. 😅

And so I also asked my friends directly that afternoon, Cendekia girls, to join. Hartek and Chu said yes almost instantly, so we decided to booked the ticket immediately. If you read the sentence before, it seems like we're really in a rush hehe. It's a good thing though, because the tickets are sold out eventually.

On the D-Day, we arrived early thanks to Hartek advice. She is the one who knows the nature of this event, so Chu and I just agreed to what she told us. We arrived around 3 PM. Little did we know that we have to re-register the ticket to get a bracelet. When we arrived there, there were already around 10 people in the queue line to re-register the ticket. So we're really lucky to come early. However, our luck didn't stay long because we have to wait about 1.5 hour for the re-register line to be opened. And to what our luck turn into an unfortunate event was because we were starving at that time in the queue line. Can you imagine, a starving me had to wait 1.5 hours in the line standing?? It became worse than attending a concert, once i thought 😂

Well the show must go on, therefore there i stand 1.5 hours before the line opened, and we got to enter the theatre room of Balai Kartini. Before the even started, i had a chance to buy something to eat, a delicious Kebab and a cup of coffee, to restrain the sleepy me after having an insomnia the night before. Around 1 hour before the event started on 6 PM, the committee gave some merchandises to audiences. Even though i felt like the preparations of giveaway questions is not enough and made them a little bit underestimated, but it was still the giveaway, there were gifts and people who wanted to get them..

The event start on time on 6 PM and finished on time too ini 10 PM. I saluted Ust. Nouman for being fit for a full 4 hour session, delivering the speech, giving jokes, maintaining eye-contact, and after giving the same full session the night before for the same event in Malaysia. We went home starving, but with full satisfaction of what we learned that night.

So now you may be wondering what was so special about the session with Ust. Nouman Ali Khan in this event. It is about time I tell you what we learned yesterday night. But remember that I may not be able to elaborate it perfectly as what I will tell you is my own understanding of the subject in my own perspective. I may not be able to relate it too much in scientifically recite an Ayat or else, because it will take more time for me to do the research and it will may be too complicated to be explained in one post. So let's say I just want to make it simple 😀

For me, the summary of our topic last night is the Miracle of Qur'an, the Study Case of Prophet Musa AS, with psychological approach.

How many times you read the Quran my Muslim friend? You may recite it often, or only in Ramadhan it's not a problem. But do we really understand what the Qur'an says. For me myself, it's really hard to understand it. I can not not-to-think that reading a Qur'an is like reading a manual book, it's only an instruction to do things. And have you ever found a manual book interesting? Well may be Hermione has, but not me 😅 It's boring nonetheless..
Through prophet Musa AS, Ust. Nouman shares that Qur'an is not only a manual book, not only a history book with boring history. It has messages that very very relatable with our daily lives. At the time Ust. Nouman told us this, I was skeptical like, reallllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy??? wkwk

However, it really is. It only need a patience and a willing to seek a new perspective from what you read, with a help of our imagination. I'll give an example. In the Qur'an, 26th Surah, it is told that Allah and the prophet Musa As were having a conversation on the mountain. At that time, the Prophet was running away from Pharaoh or Fir'aun. But, Allah told the prophet to go back to face Fir'aun.

Ust. Nouman then elaborate this scene first. He told us, sometime in life we have to face an oppressor, the bully, that we can not fight alone. Therefore we have to retreat first to save ourlives, separate ourself from the oppressor. It told us, that it's okay to run away first seek help because we are incapable of handling it alone. It's okay to seek help from other people, because the prophet is helped by his cousin Harun As. But running away forever, is not a good solution. That's why Allah ask the prophet to go back to Egypt and face Fir'aun. We separate our self from the bully, not only in order to survive, but also to regain our strength. So when the time comes, we can face our nightmare again, but we're not the one who will lose.

Don't you think it was mid blowing?? I never thought it's one of the message that the Qur'an told, and for 25 years I successfully ignored that. For me it was a really refreshing point of view, very relatable with my live, the struggle of millennial generation, the mid twenties crisis, and every other things you name them.

Being able to understand how to read the Qur'an with a new perspective, is what I hold the most from mUst. Nouman lectures. For not ignoring your emotions and glorifying one side of spirituality, is what i really like to hear from a Ustadz 😊 I'm grateful that i attend the event with my bestfriends, hearing a phenomenal subjects that literally change the way i think.

If in the opening i told you that i wasn't making any progress to be a better person, well i pray that my starting point was list night, and I will uncover the miracle too.



Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

New Movie and New Patronus!

Question - Discussion